Procurement opportunity: City of Sydney is seeking submissions for a Home Collection and Recycling Service Trial

The City of Sydney asked me to pass this on to B Corps - please tag anyone you think might be interested!

The City of Sydney is looking to engage a service provider for a small-scale trial to provide a recycling service and make it more convenient for residents to recycle tricky, low-volume items (including e-waste, clothes, soft plastics, expanded polystyrene and cardboard) directly from their home at a time that suits them. The tenderer will be required to utilise drivers to collect recyclable items from residences within the City local government area (LGA). The collection service is a fit-for-purpose supplement to existing waste services provided by the City.

Please See the Expression of Interest here. Register on Tenderlink to access the documentation and refer any questions to the forum in the Tender’s section of Tenderlink. Submit your tender at the Tenderlink portal by 11 am on 16th of July 2020 to be considered.

3 Likes

Could be an interesting diversification for Sendle. They have much of the logistics setup for this. Is Eva Ross still active in the B scene? I couldn’t tag her here…

2 Likes

Good thought John. Yes Eva’s definitely still active, she was on a B Corp Friday Connect panel recently. I’ll ping her on LinkedIn to check this out.

2 Likes

Thanks for thinking of Sendle, John! We’re having a look into this one. Hopefully we can encourage the broader use of carbon neutral delivery and compostable packaging while we’re at it!

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @Anna-Crabb. We have submitted a tender response

Fantastic @Maxvanbiene!

Good to hear @EvaRoss!