Another win for the environment!

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT :loudspeaker: I’m so excited to share that that InfraBuild has become the FIRST EVER to complete a rigorous third-party assessment to achieve GECA certification under our Steel & Steel Products standard!

Steel manufacturing is a significant contributor to national and global carbon emissions. In 2020 the total direct emissions from the sector represented between 7% and 9% of global carbon emissions. GECA’s ecolabel standard places clear restrictions on carbon emissions, helping the industry to reduce its impact.

InfraBuild has demonstrated leadership by independently assessing these products against 44 critical science-based environmental, health, social and quality impact criteria, including:

• toxicity

• air quality

• energy use

• recyclability

• hazardous substances

• water consumption

• use of sustainable materials and

• waste minimisation

It also encompasses social impacts, including fair pay, equal opportunity, and a safe working environment for employees and people across the supply chain.

In addition, InfraBuild’s GECA certification means that select reinforcing bar and reinforcing mesh products are recognised as Best Practice under the Green Building Council of Australia’s new Green Star Buildings ratings tool –Responsible Product Framework (v1.1). This is the highest level of recognition achievable!

For more information - InfraBuild's Momentous First GECA Certification a Win for Australia's Built Environment - GECA

2 Likes

Congrats! I’ll add you to our directory!

1 Like

Amazing - thanks Holly! Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions - kendall@geca.org.au