Collective Webinar on Being BCorps?

Sweet

Yup feel free to make use of me where you see fit.

Iā€™m also keen to be involved or help however I can!

@Clare Happy to help wrangle things together if I can be of any help! We could also look at hosting this in B Corp Month as part of the ā€œBehind the Bā€ theme. We can have some B Corps prepare a bit about what went into their score and what makes them different. I am also happy to represent B Lab here, or have one of our fabulous Certification Team like @Lauren or @Shalini_B_Lab speak to what resources B Lab has available to support along the journey, since a lot has changed in the past year!

Hey team,
Happy New Year! I hope you all had wonderful, well deserved breaks :smiley:
I have one of my CEOs Brooke available to speak on this session and I know sheā€™d be happy to speak to points points 2 and 3 in the suggested agenda laid out by Clare (which is great btw!)
How are people feeling about this being only in a couple of weeks though? As we havenā€™t marketed yet I feel like this is now maybe to short notice to garner enough interest? So maybe Kiraā€™s suggestion of doing this during BCorp month would be better? Or @Kiraday do you think marketing materials can be made and shared with us in the next couple of days so we can go out to our audiences next week?
Please share what yā€™all think on this! :smiley:
Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™d be happy to wait til March. I quite like the idea of lining it up with B corp month :+1:

Kia ora koutou!
We havenā€™t quite gotten ready in time, so we are postponing this until March to coincide with BCorp month. Clare and I chatting on Monday and weā€™ll come back to you all with more information and a couple of date options :slight_smile:
Thanks, Demi

4 Likes

Kia ora koutou!
Clare and I had an awesome chat this morning and weā€™d like to ask for input from our wonderful community that have already raised their hands to be involved in this session. A few things to discuss/get answers on below :slight_smile:
DATE: Weā€™re looking at either Wednesday 16th or Thursday 31st of March. Please can everyone indicate their availability on those dates at 12pm.
HOSTING: Is anyone happy to host this great session? :smiley:
AGENDA SETTING:
@Julia is the below along the lines of what we orginally spoke about and something that you think would be of use to the B2B Kiwibank customers you had in mind?

1. Intro - HOST required
  2. Is B Corp right for us? (Do you consider purpose in your Business) @TheGrowGoodGuy
  3. What itā€™s like to initially approach B Lab (Brooke (Sharesies) is likely able to speak to this and I can chat to her this week about covering this)
  4. The B Impact assessment. What it looks like, The categories, and who should fill it out ((I imagine showing the categories and some example questions, then youā€™ll need input from Senior leadership, finance etc)
  5. Earning your points (e.g. Youā€™ll prob need to document some things you do ad - hoc) : Clare
  6. Reviewing with B Lab/How B Lab support you @Lauren and @Shalini_B_Lab , Kira nominated you to speak to this point!
  7. @PennydeBorst we discussed potentially adding a section around marketing and using the accreditation once gained and wondered if this might be in your line of expertise to speak to?
    @MikeC @Anika @JacintaY @Matias @Julia we need coverage on item 4 and would also like a manufacturing lens on 5 with Clare, do either of those speak to either of you?

PLATFORM & MARKETING MATERIALS: @Kiraday are you/ Blab able to provide the platform for this to be hosted on/set up the session? And are Blab able to provide 1 landscape/1 portrait marketing graphic for us to collectively use to advertise the session :slight_smile:

Thank you all for you input and help on this session, think this will be a great addition to the programme of work/events etc for BCorp month in March! Please respond by the end of this week if possible, Claire and I are meeting again next week to discuss progress.

Chur!
Demi

2 Likes

Kia ora Demi

Yes, Iā€™m happy to help! I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m an expert, but Iā€™m sure we can draw on the efforts of the community too.

Iā€™m free either of those dates at 12pm.

Ngā mihi

Penny

Yup count me in! Happy to do whatever you need me to do! Happy to provide my zoom account for hosting.

Thanks Demi, Iā€™m available both of those days.
Mike

Sounds great Demi and fab timing for BCorp month! @Matias happy to contribute for no. 4 just let us know what you need :slight_smile:

Hi @Demi , yes, I think this looks great. The only other thing that I often get asked is something along the lines of the biggest lesson or challenge that you had through the process. I think businesses are really interested to learn how the whole process helps improve a businessā€™ operations (e.g. focus, prioritisation, efficiency, standardisation).

Iā€™m unavailable on the 31st March, but can do the 16th, and am happy to speak to point 4. If there are a number of us speaking we could run it as more of a round table.

I think it would be great if B Lab could provide the hosting platform.

Kia ora @Demi! Sounds wonderful, would be more than happy to. Iā€™m free both dates too :slight_smile:

Hi all!
Thanks for your responses and enthusiasm! Weā€™ll lock in March 16th at 12pm for this, Iā€™ll send a placeholder invite out. Clare and I have a call booked in with Kira to discuss hosting and marketing materials in the next couple of days.
@JacintaY and @Matias Clare and I have noticed that you may be AU based is this correct?
Cheers, youā€™ll hear from me and Clare again soon, in the mean time please do have a think about what you might cover in the question youā€™re speaking to with roughly 5 minutes speaking time.
Cheers all!
Demi

1 Like

Hi Demi, yes correct @Matias and I are in Melbourne, AU :slight_smile:

Hi all!
Clare and I just had a call with Kira. BLab will help us host this through Humantix, will arrange marketing materials for us and will promote the event with all the BCorp month comms, woohoo! Weā€™ll be sorting all this with them over the next couple of days and will send the materials and event link out when itā€™s set up.
I think we should have a prep call maybe the week before to just make sure we all know what weā€™re doing! @Clare would you maybe be happy to set that up whilst I sort the marketing info with @Kiraday?
@Lauren would you be happy to act as our host for the event?
@JacintaY and @Matias, huge apologies we didnā€™t realise youā€™re in Melbourne! We were planning on gearing this event towards aspiring NZ BCorps, are you still happy to be involved?
Thanks all itā€™s going to be a great event!
Demi

1 Like

Hi Demi, Iā€™m so sorry we didnā€™t realise you were all in NZ either! I now see we are in your community thread, I honestly missed that till now. We might bow out of this one, but if there is a plan to do an AU version off the back of this we would love to be involved. Also, will attend this as itā€™s shaping up to be a terrific event. Good luck and apologies again for the confusion! Jacinta

Hiya!

Planning session.
I took a total stab in the dark and picked Tuesday at 12pm for a planning session. If anyone can;t make it we can start diary wrangling.

@PennydeBorst @Lauren @Shalini_B_Lab can I please grab your email?

Sure ā€“ my email is penny@write.co.nz

Sorry, but 11am Tuesday is out for me. My Tuesdays are stacked with meetings. But Iā€™m free Wednesday, anytime except between 2pm and 3pm ā€“ would that work?

Hi @Clare , yes no worries! My email is lauren@bcorporation.com.au

@Demi yes happy to be host for the event - just let me know anything you need from me :smiley: a prep call a week before sounds perfect!

Iā€™m flexible on times for the event so I can work around others!