Good morning B Corp community!

My name is Jacinta, I am writing from the Inner West for Refugees in Sydney, Australia with a great event the community could be interested in!

The Welcome Refugees Fundraiser in Darling Harbour, Sydney on June 9 - overlooking the lights of Vivid! Welcome Refugees Fundraiser, Sydney, 9th of June | Humanitix

2 ways the B Corp community may be interested:

1. Do you have anything you could donate to be a part of the silent auction? I am asking for something for free - but your goods would go to an amazing cause - we are raising money for the Asylum Seeker Centre who feed over 400 families a week, most of whom received zero government support all through covid.

2. Treat yourselves, your families or your employees to a night out!
    The cocktail style event features a delicious food and drinks package, brilliant, curated conversation, plus an array of specialty items on offer for you to peruse and bid for in our silent auction. Enjoy Afro-Cuban music by international trio Moussa Diakite, Len Samperi and Junior Jones.

Our expert Suzanne Waldron will facilitate conversations with former Sudanese refugee Abang Anade Othow, and with the Asylum Seekers Centre CEO, Frances Rush OAM.

Do you have a spare Dine and Discover voucher kicking around, that needs using by the end of June? Why not use it for a great night out and all for a good cause!

Tickets are $100 per head with a portion of tickets available on a ‘Pay What You Can’ basis. Your ticket includes substantial canapes by PlateitForward, wine, beer, soft drinks and a chance to win lucky door prizes. Raffles and silent auction will include art works, gourmet produce, fine wines, beauty products and activities.

p/s I am B Corp curious - I am a marriage celebrant and want to become certified as an independent contractor and have started the process of looking into certification :slight_smile:

1 Like