Do you want to be part of using the business of banking as a force for good? Do you want to create positive impact for people and the planet? Bank Australia is the bank for people who want to be part of a movement creating a fairer and more just world.
We’re growing fast as more people choose to align their banking with their values. We’re a customer owned, B Corp certified bank. We empower our staff and 160,000+ customers to be part of the clean money movement.
The Internal Communications Lead’s role is to develop and implement internal communications strategies that build our staff’s connection to our purpose, aspiration, values, corporate strategy and key business projects.
The role will work with business units and senior leaders across the bank to provide internal communications planning, development and deliver best practice advice and implementation support.
The Internal Communications Lead is responsible for ensuring a clear, consistent and values-driven tone of voice across internal communications and supporting colleagues to implement this.
Candidates will be progressed as applications are received, rather than after the advertisement closure date. If you wish to be considered, please submit your application including a cover letter outlining why you want to work for Bank Australia and your relevant skills, plus your CV as soon as possible.
Why join us
We’re have big plans to become Australia’s most trusted bank and a leading purpose-driven business.
As a certified B Corp, we’re part of a global business community who meet the highest social and environmental standards, putting purpose over profit,
Every role and person in our bank is essential to bringing our values, purpose and aspiration to life.
We offer flexible working options and competitive salary and benefits, including 11% super and paid parental, volunteer and family violence leave,
We support our staff to grow their careers through learning and development and an organisational culture where we reward and recognise innovation and values, not long hours,
We’re committed to building an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that reflects the Australian community.
We’re the first bank in the world to own its own Conservation Reserve – which we use to protect threatened species and involve staff in conservation.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop internal communication strategies and plans that support staff education and increase engagement with Bank Australia’s purpose, corporate strategy and B Corp certification
- Support internal crisis communications and business continuity plan activities, in particular providing support to the Crisis Management Team in its COVID-19 response activities
- Support business units in internal and external communications planning and delivery on key business changes and projects
- Provide internal communications advice and support to the bank’s executive and senior leaders
- Manage and grow engagement with the bank’s internal social media channel, Workplace, including supporting business units on best practice use
- Support the corporate reporting processes to deliver a meaningful report to customers and stakeholders.
What you’ll bring
- Significant corporate experience in internal communications, corporate communications, or stakeholder relations
- Highly developed internal communications planning, writing and execution skills
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing senior leaders
- Demonstrated interest in social and environmental issues in a business context
- Highly developed influencing and relationship management skills
- Experience in developing and maintaining stakeholder networks
- Experience in managing and coaching people to deliver outcomes
- Experience communicating with and building an engaged, positive culture with a geographically dispersed workforce
- Experience in leading communications through periods of business change
- Project management skills with the ability to manage simultaneous projects
- Commitment to Bank Australia’s purpose, aspiration, values and brand as well as the B Corp ethos.
This position is a fixed term contract until 30 June 2021 with a salary range of $90k - 105k total package, including 11% superannuation.
To apply, please visit the job advertisement on the Careers section of the Bank Australia website ELMO - Administration - Career - View Job - Internal Communications Lead
Bank Australia reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Candidates will be progressed as applications are received, rather than after the advertisement closure date. If you wish to be considered, please submit your application as soon as possible. Please note, the successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory background checks including but not limited to police and previous employment.