Join one of Australia’s leading impact-led PR & digital marketing agencies
APPLICATIONS CLOSING DATE: 17th July, 2023
Are you a talented and ambitious Public Relations Account Manager seeking to work on brands you are both proud of and passionate about? Want your career to contribute to something bigger and better, for tomorrow?
Who we are and what makes us different
Compass Studio is an independent and B Corp certified, PR and digital marketing agency specialising in impact and purpose-led communication solutions. We’re a finalist for 2023 Mumbrella Award for Sustainable Practices and we were also shortlisted this year in the SmartCompany’s Smart50 Workplaces of 2023.
We work exclusively with brands in the world-bettering space and we measure Impact as a key success metric within our business, alongside financials. What does this mean? We do what we say, and we mean what we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced Public Relations Account Manager with strong Australian media relationships and a can-do attitude to join our growing team and contribute to our mission – amplifying the impact of world-bettering brands.
We’re a growing agency with a big heart, and this is a unique opportunity to step into something Better in your career.
Tell me more about the role
As a Public Relations Account Manager at Compass Studio, you will be responsible for managing client accounts and driving successful PR campaigns. You will work closely with clients to understand their communication needs and develop strategic plans that align with their business objectives and impact goals. By leveraging your strong industry knowledge, existing media relationships, and exceptional communication skills, you will effectively build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including media outlets, influencers, and Compass’ partners.
- Client Management:
- Day-to-day account management of multiple client partners in the PR department to cultivate strong relationships and account renewals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners, understanding their business goals and challenges.
- Collaborate with client partners to create PR strategies that align with their value and objectives.
- Provide regular updates and produce reports on campaign progress that also provide insights and learnings that aim to improve results on a monthly basis for our partners, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Strategic Planning:
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to develop targeted PR plans and strategies.
- Identify media opportunities, trends, and potential risks to develop proactive and reactive communication plans.
- Define key messaging and positioning for clients to effectively communicate their brand and key initiatives.
- Media Relations:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Australian media on behalf of Compass to ensure we maintain a high success rate and that we are on the pulse of best-practice in market.
- Pitch story ideas and secure media placements in print, broadcast, and digital channels.
- Monitor media coverage, track industry trends, and proactively respond to media inquiries.
- Support in the development of Compass’ own industry presence by assisting with the PR strategy and roll-out, and helping to support any internal marketing initiatives
- Content Creation:
- Develop compelling press releases, media kits, articles, and other written materials.
- Collaborate with the content team to create engaging social media content and blog posts.
- Ensure all content adheres to brand guidelines and effectively communicates key messages.
- Supporting Compass’ business development by responding to briefs and client pitches; including new client outreach, prop creation, follow up and onboarding.
- Creation of compelling case studies to support Compass Studio business development goals
- Daily digest of industry news and developments, seek out further learnings and share your insights with our internal team and clients
- Crisis Communication:
- Develop crisis communication plans and protocols in collaboration with clients.
- Provide timely and strategic guidance during crisis situations to protect client reputation.
- Handle media inquiries and manage the dissemination of information during crisis scenarios.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, OR direct and relevant industry experience of at least 3+ years
- Recent experience as a Senior PR Account Executive or PR Account Manager or similar role in an agency setting
- Proven results in media coverage and current contacts in Australian market
- Passion for impact-led space and fluent understanding of the Australian landscape
- Strong understanding of PR strategies, media relations, and industry best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building abilities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in using PR and project management software and tools such as Meltwater, Slack, Harvest and Asana
- Creative thinker with a strong problem-solving mindset.
Join the Compass Studio team and be part of a collaborative and innovative environment where your expertise will make a significant impact on our clients’ success. Apply today and help us shape the future of strategic communications.
Sound like a gig worth getting excited about?
We agree, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Get in touch with today with hello@compass-studio today. Please send your CV and address directly how you fit the brief in your cover letter.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL REMAIN STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.
About Compass Studio:
Compass Studio is independent, B Corp and carbon positive. Compass is also at the forefront of the impact-led marketing industry, driving positive change through strategic communication campaigns. At our core we use our skills as marketers for people and the planet. is. Our agency partners with organizations dedicated to creating a sustainable future, championing social justice, and making a meaningful impact. We are passionate about our work and believe in the power of effective communication to bring about positive change.