Come join us in our mission as Compass Studio’s next PR Account Manager and help us make our portfolio of world-bettering brands, better. In exchange for your expertise, established media contacts and in-depth knowledge of the Australian media landscape, we’ll give you a flexible and nimble work environment, real work-life balance, a solid 6 and 12-month career development plan, mental health RDO’s, summer hours, paid birthday leave and ability to give back via chosen charity-work days and pro-bono projects. We’re a small agency, with a big heart and this is a unique opportunity to fast-track your career and professional skill-set and work with brands that you’re actually passionate about.
So what are we looking for?
You have been in-market at least 4 years and are ready to take the next step in your PR and Communications career – perhaps to something with more autonomy, faster career progression and with brands that you love and that are making an impact in the world. And we’re almost certain that you want more of that thing called work-life balance. We hear you. And more so, we make it happen.
You are highly comfortable with clients and thrive in a position that allows you to have autonomy with your clients; with everything from strategy to implementation, results and relationship. You’re a can-do kinda human and your verbal, email and zoom comms are exceptional.
You’re at your best in a fast-paced and bustling environment and love the opportunity that wearing many hats presents. Ideally, you have agency experience, but if you don’t, you can show examples of working multiple projects or campaigns at one time. You are extremely comfortable writing, pitching and securing media and your media contacts are solid.
You think outside the box, and are well-versed in informing strategy and suggesting ideas to elevate your clients and media touch-points. You have an exceptional eye for detail, can write a killer pitch email and a press release, and speak fluent influencer management. Basically, you know how to meet and exceed KPI’s by securing great coverage for your clients, and you have a can-do, solutions-focussed approach to making this happen.
This role would suit a Senior Account Exec looking to make a big jump up, or a current Account Manager who is seeking deeper career experience and more purpose in their workday by working with some of the best impact-led brands right across Australia and abroad. We’d love to see evidence of your passion and skills so please include real-life examples of any earned media placements that you’ve achieved or the campaign you are most proud of in your cover letter.
In return, we’re offering a 5 day per week permanent role with one day from our North Sydney based co-working space and the rest remote, with serious potential for career growth working amongst an awesome portfolio of brands and a team of high achievers in a young, nimble, BCorp accredited agency.
This role presents an incredible opportunity to work directly with our PR team in an environment that is both nurturing and autonomous.
Sound like a gig worth getting excited about? We agree and we’re pumped to welcome our next PR superstar. Drop into our inbox today.
Get in touch with Compass’ Senior PR Account Manager, An Ngo, today on email@example.com. Please send your CV and address directly how you fit the brief in your cover letter. Applications close Friday 3rd December.
- Maintain a client patch of 5+ clients ensuring everything from client satisfaction, KPI’s and retention to performance and strategy optimisation.
- Utilise a mix of PR and media relation skills including; press office, influencer marketing, content creation, event activations, corporate communications, account management for your dedicated client patch.
- Effective oversight and implementation of PR strategy and media plans to support the delivery of successful campaigns including building key media and talent relationships
- Own and support with media release writing, pitching (email, phone and in-person), enquiries and calls.
- Show strong leadership across key assigned accounts including ideation and pitching for existing clients.
- Produce reports that provide quantifiable results and address previous and current pain points for Compass partners.
- Develop compelling case studies based on recently completed partner campaigns.
- Day-to-day reporting to Company Directors and Senior Account Manager, as well as work collaboratively with all members of the PR and Digital divisions,
- Have 4+ years of experience in PR & Communications, preferably at an agency.
- Passionate, values-driven and collaborative team member.
- Experience and passion for storytelling across all media channels, in both, earned and paid media space.
- Have an extensive understanding of who’s who in the Australian media landscape, specifically business, travel and lifestyle space, and the relationships to match.
- Strong account management skills to support your client’s business objectives as well as client renewals
- A proven ability to write compelling, grammatically-sound copy.
- Current examples of secured media and sound knowledge of all types of media; online, print, podcasts, pop culture, and independent media.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be an exceptional project manager, with an ability to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities towards a North Vision for our clients.
- Experience with managing junior team members to enable growth and broaden their experience in the PR space.
- A team player who loves keeping up to date with current affairs and is well-versed in news and popular culture.
About Compass Studio:
Compass Studio; a boutique PR & Marketing agency that specialises in conscious brands in a bid to ‘do good work, for brands that do good.’ Through a love of community, nature and a passion for purpose-driven business, Compass has created a unique agency-model that has gained fast momentum in the local market. Compass Studio now represents some of Australia’s most reputable brands in the impact-led space and the agency speaks regularly as an authority on the topic of purpose in the brand space.
Compass Studio is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, or veteran status. We enthusiastically encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL REMAIN STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.