PR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR APPLICATION CLOSE DATE: MAY 27TH 2022
As a marketer, you can change the world. You can also have a lot of fun doing so.
Come join us in this mission as Compass Studio’s PR Account Director and help us make our portfolio of world-bettering brands, better. We want your skills to help rally media around the brands which truly deserve the hype; increasing their awareness and uptake in market. You’ll be leading our PR offering, with the opportunity to own your own division and lead a growing team.
In exchange for your experience, we’ll give you a flexible and nimble work-environment, real work life balance, paid mental health RDO’s, paid birthday-leave and ability to give back via chosen charity-work days and pro-bono projects.
So what are we looking for?
You are an existing PR Account Director (agency-side) looking for your next challenge in an organisation that gives you active input in shaping how the business grows or a well-accomplished Junior PR Account Director looking for an opportunity to run your own team.
You have solid agency experience (5+ years) and you have a long list of ideas of ways to do it better and are a trusted go-to for your client partners, peers and team members alike. You are a natural leader, thrive in a busy environment and have the organisational skills to match.
Your media relationships and strategic roll-out are exceptional, and you are well-versed in internal and external stakeholder relationships. You have a results-led mind and a team-first heart.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with entrepreneurs, industry disruptors and innovative
brands to provide high-quality strategic comms counsel and lead a PR team of ambitious go-getters to execute campaigns and generate results across multiple channels. You’ll also have the opportunity to increase your business acumen, working alongside the founders
and leadership team for commercial growth, get hands on with agency projects, the expansion of our services, team training and mentorship and more.
In return, we offer a five day per week permanent role with one day from our North Sydney based co-working space and the rest remote, with serious potential for career growth. You’ll be working amongst an awesome portfolio of responsible brands and a team of really good people in a young, nimble, B Corp accredited and carbon-neutral agency.
Sound like a gig worth getting excited about? We can’t wait to hear from you.
Get in touch with Compass Studio Co-Director and Co-Founder, Luke Dean-Weymark,
today on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, no recruiters please - we’ve got this one covered.
● Day-to-day account directorship of multiple clients in the PR department to cultivate strong relationships and account renewals
● Lead the Compass PR division to ensure that we are staying on top of what our existing and new clients require, as well as exploring all PR opportunities, leads and extensions for Compass Studio as a whole
● Leading the education around and roll-out of integrated communications campaigns that don’t rely purely on traditional earned media to deliver on business objectives
● Lead the PR strategy response for briefs and client pitches; including lead generation/vetting, new client outreach, proposal creation, follow up and conversion
● Management of all PR projects, including strategy, roll-out, monitoring, reporting and refinement, whilst ensuring that we stay within billable hour allocation and retainer objectives
● Management of Compass Studio’s PR department to ensure a holistic approach and best practice for positive client management experiences and results, whilst developing better systems and processes for quoting and workflow management
● Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Australian media on behalf of Compass to ensure we maintain a high success rate and that we are on the pulse of best-practice in market
● Develop Compass’ own industry presence through leading our PR strategy and roll-out, and helping to support any internal marketing initiatives
● Creating and overseeing the creation of case studies as new business tools for Compass
● Produce reports that actively identify previous and current pain-points for our clients and creating solutions for them, aiming to improve results on a monthly basis for our clients
● Engage in industry news and developments, seek out further learning and share your specialist insights with our internal team and clients
● Developing SOP’s and bettering the systems & process for the PR department both internally and externally; including client and team management (ie. hiring + development + retention)
● Working with Compass founders and leadership team to inform PR strategy and quarterly plans to encourage reputation development, direct leads and trade audience engagement.
● Have 5+ years of agency experience (in a PR agency)
● Have a passion and demonstrated success working with business,sustainability,consumer, lifestyle and finance brands/sectors
● Experience in business development, from vetting leads, developing proposals andpitching/winning clients to proactively going after brands we’d love to work with
● Have excellent and succinct communication skills (both verbal and written)
● Have proven team leadership and mentor skills
● Be capable of driving strategy and creative on a number of campaigns/accountssimultaneously, ensuring satisfaction across Compass’ client portfolio
● Advise clients on integrated communications campaigns that don’t rely purely ontraditional earned media to deliver on business objectives
● Build, nurture, and grow relationships with top tier media, influencers, stakeholdersand industry bodies
● Be able to develop scopes of work, manage service levels with meeting deliverables,while keeping teams engaged and motivated
● Be creative and curious in nature and ready to question everything
● Have high EQ. We’re a team-first company
● Have a proactive and growth mindset, with a focus on attention to detail
● Is passionate about sustainability and the responsible business space
About Compass Studio:
Compass Studio; a boutique PR & Marketing agency that specialises in responsible brands in a bid to ‘do good work, for brands that do good.’ Through a love of community, nature and a passion for purpose-driven business, Compass has created a unique agency-model that has gained fast momentum in the local market. Compass Studio now represents some of Australia’s most reputable brands in the impact-led space and the agency speaks regularly as an authority on the topic of purpose in the brand space.
Compass Studio is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, colour, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, or veteran status. We enthusiastically encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL REMAIN STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.