Tell us your top reason to become a B Corp

Hi, we’re a B Corp and we’re writing an article on ‘The Top 5 reasons to become a B Corp’.
We’d love to get a few quotes from fellow B Corps on what is their top reason to include in the piece.
Please reach out if you’d like to share and be included in the article (we’ll also link to you and your business).
The article will be published on our website ‘news’ section and socials and we’re happy for you to share as well if appropriate (we know it’s sometimes a struggle to have time to produce content).
Thank you and hope to hear from some of you soon (hoping to publish in a week).
Jacinta

2 Likes

At Citizen Wolf, the reason we became a B Corp was to have credible, independent verification that our business was being held accountable to our sustainability and ethical claims.

But going through the process, the real unexpected benefit was to actually benchmark ourselves against the best businesses in the world, and learning about all the areas where we can and should do better.

1 Like

Fantastic, thanks for sharing Eric! Can I use your last name? I’ll link to your website. Just discovered Citizen Wolf, love your product and ethos! Jacinta

Thanks Jacinta! Sure, no problems at all. My last name is Phu.

1 Like

Super thanks Eric and best of luck! I’ll share the article with you as well, Jacinta

Hey @JacintaY

We exist to make digital bright and the human experience brighter and becoming a B Corp aligns with our purpose and ensures we always focus on it.

Marty, Luminary

1 Like

Amazing, thanks for sharing Marty! Luminary sounds great, we all need some brightening these days I think, will be sure to tag and share the piece with you, best of luck! Jacinta

1 Like

Hi @JacintaY, while it wasn’t our original reason for becoming a B Corp, one of the things that I most love about being a B Corp is that it provides a comprehensive framework for continuous improvement, particularly the recertification process. The BIA outlines so many different ways that we can be a better business, and because the certification process is continually updating and adapting, we can continue to find ways to improve. Quiip’s CEO @alisonmichalk can provide some more insight into why we originally became a B Corp.

Good luck with the article!

3 Likes

The values behind the B Corp movement of inclusion, accountability and transparency resonate with the mission and values of Eagle Protect. We know we have a responsibility to conduct our business in a way that seeks to benefit all who come into contact with us. Therefore, it made good sense for us to join with so many others and use the B Impact Assessment as a valuable resource to measure our impact and set areas for improvement in all areas of our business.

B Corp certification means we have to continually look for ways to cut the impact of our single-use PPE products. We are also looking to reduce waste at every stage in a product’s journey from sourcing materials through to use and disposal by our clients. It forces us to be alert and to challenge our industry. And, it means we can offer added protection to our customers and their reputation as well.

2 Likes

Wonderful thanks for sharing Larah! I think continuous improvement is a reoccurring theme that drives many B Corps, great work and best of luck! Jacinta

Super, thanks for sharing Edel! Some great points I think we can all relate to. You must be so busy at the moment and as you say, have a big challenge with waste reduction in your industry. So fantastic to have such diverse businesses as certified B Corps. Best of luck! Jacinta

1 Like

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this! Great to hear what inspires you and to learn about your businesses. Please find the finished article Top 5 Reasons to Become a B Corp | Ndevr Environmental Consulting . Stay safe and take care everyone, Jacinta

1 Like

Hey Jacinta - Would it be ok to share this article please? Thanks, Michelle

Hi Michelle, sure! It is linked in my comment above :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much - really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like