Who we are and what sets us apart
Compass Studio; an independent PR & Marketing agency that specialises in purpose-led brands in a bid to ‘do good work, for brands that do good.’ We’re B Corp and carbon positive. What does that mean? We are using our skills as marketers for people and the planet. Want to put your PR skills to world-bettering use?
We’re looking for an experienced PR Senior Account Executive to help our partners amplify their efforts and increase their cut-through – both in terms of their campaign results and their impact. You have an exceptional eye for detail, can write a killer pitch email and a press release, and speak fluent influencer management. Basically, you know how to secure coverage for your clients and you have a can-do, solutions-focussed approach to making this happen.
In exchange for your passion for results and storytelling, we’ll give you a flexible and nimble work environment, real work-life balance, a solid 6 and 12-month career development plan, mental health RDO’s, paid birthday leave and ability to give back via chosen charity-work days and pro-bono projects.
Why choose us?
Because we know you care about your personal contribution to tomorrow.
We know you’re very aware that work is where you spend most of your time, so where you work and what you work on, matters.
We know you want to work with brands that you are passionate about, that you are proud to share with your friends and family – as well as use, advocate and support them personally.
We’re the most authentic hype-crew for our portfolio that you’ll come across in agency-land. Why? Because what we do matters.
We also offer our team weekly catered breakfast, a wellness program including weekly pilates classes and meditation, a variety of out-of-industry workshops, and a range of community events to participate in.
We’re a growing agency, with a big heart and this is a unique opportunity to step-into or further strengthen your career in the purpose-led space.
So what are we looking for?
You are an PR Account Executive with at least a year of experience in the role under your belt and you’re looking to take your next career step. Or maybe you’re a Senior Account Executive interested in something with more autonomy, faster career progression and with brands that you love and that are making an impact in the world.
You have agency experience (and with it, the ability to work on multiple clients in a given day) OR experience working on PR campaigns for either: NFPs, NGO’s, purpose-driven companies or responsible eCommerce brands.
You have a sleeves-up-resourcefulness to find the solution, and care about creating campaigns that truly make an impact for client goals.
Most importantly, you’re looking for purpose and impact in your role beyond just the day-to-day.
You’ll be central to our B Corp, Carbon Zero and RAP commitments and ensuring that it’s actioned and improved through everything we do as a business. In return, we offer a hybrid working set-up, working from our brand new CBD co-working space, as well as remotely. We are committed to offering a work environment that works around care, family and life commitments, so while the role is scoped at FT, we are open to discussing PT or a reduced week. Compass Studio is an equal-opportunity employer committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, colour, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, or veteran status. We enthusiastically encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Calling all the PR storytellers out there, this one’s for you!
Your Impact and Responsibilities:
- Competently conduct all aspects of media liaison on a daily basis across print, online, TV, radio and podcasts
- Distribute and follow-up on press releases and pitches to secure coverage on behalf of Compass’ clients and partners.
- Support the needs of Compass’ PR division
- Develop press materials, including media releases, pitches and asset libraries on behalf of Compass’ clients to distribute to media and key stakeholders
- Engage and foster strong relationships with the Australian media landscape on behalf of Compass Studio
- Manage Compass Studio media monitoring account which includes: Adding/removing clients, crediting irrelevant coverage and sending coverage through to clients.
- Produce compelling monthly reports for all PR clients
- Produce weekly PR updates each Friday for all PR clients
- Own and maintain key assigned client relationships and oversight accounts team to deliver exceptional and inspiring client communications
- Attend client meetings and assist with note-taking and sending post-meeting actionable items
- Offer support to the wider team on an adhoc basis where needed
- Day-to-day reporting to Senior PR Account Manager
- Assist with facilitating any launches/events/activations as required
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate, values-driven and collaborative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to pitch both an idea and themselves
- Qualification in communications, journalism, marketing or experience in a relevant field (at least 1 years full time, paid experience)
- A proven ability to write compelling, grammatically-sound copy
- Relevant examples of secured media and a sound knowledge of all types of media; online, print, podcasts, pop culture, and independent media
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, and to meet deadlines.
- A keen interest to learn and gain experience in PR and marketing
- Attention to detail, strong pride in your work and ability to multitask
- A team player who enjoys keeping up to date with current affairs and is well-versed in news and popular culture
- Influencer marketing management experience
- Experience working in or with not-for-profit organisations or values-based organisations (preferred)
What we can offer you:
- A great partner portfolio of conscious and responsible brands and purpose-driven businesses
- Generous RDOs including: paid birthday leave, a quarterly company-wide mental health day, and paid charity work days
- Weekly catered breakfasts, monthly catered lunches and in-office snacks and refreshments
- Wellness program including weekly pilates, mediation and exercise groups
- Regular networking events and out-of-industry workshops and seminars
- Regular training and dedicated industry learning schedule
- Pro-bono give-back programs for not-for-profits and charity organisations
- Hybrid and flexible working set-up. Minimum of 2 days / week from our CBD co-working space and up to 3 days / week optional WFH
- Ability to learn from other team members in areas including: performance marketing, social media management, influencer marketing, public relations, partnerships and more
- Exposure to and opportunity to be involved in B Corp Certification and maintenance process
- Option to become involved in contributing to Carbon Zero and RAP commitments
Sound like a gig worth getting excited about?
We agree, and we’re pumped to connect with you. Drop into our inbox today.
Get in touch with Compass’ Business Operations Manager Janu Kularajah today on email@example.com. Please send your CV and address directly how you fit the brief in your cover letter.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL REMAIN STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.