2 x Carbon Intensity qus

Hi all, I am trying to work out the 2 x Carbon Intensity questions and for the life of me I cannot work out what I need to do. Can anyone explain these please? Thanks, Jaz/Jacinta

Please use USD to allow for standardized comparisons for both

QU 1: What is your current Carbon Intensity for Scopes 1 and 2 (measured in metric tons of CO2/$million of revenue), not including the use of carbon credits or offsets?

QU 2: What is your current Carbon Intensity for Scopes 1 and 2, measured in tons of CO2/$million of revenue, including the use of carbon credits or offsets?

Hi Jaz, the Learn More button should cover it but this might also help! The Carbon Intensity for Scopes 1 and 2 is calculated by dividing the total metric tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from Scopes 1 and 2 by the total revenue, and then multiplying by one million.
Carbon Intensity (Scopes 1 and 2)=(Total metric tons of CO2 emissions (Scopes 1 and 2)Total revenue)×1,000,000Carbon Intensity (Scopes 1 and 2)=(Total revenueTotal metric tons of CO2 emissions (Scopes 1 and 2))×1,000,000

So you’re measuring how much carbon dioxide your business emits per million dollars of revenue. This helps to provide a metric that indicates the carbon intensity measure independent to business growth.
Picture1

1 Like

Thanks @JacintaY I ended up clarifying with Trace who we are doing our emission audit and measurements with. I always check the learn more although the `$million of revenue’ (measured in metric tons of CO2/$million of revenue), threw me as I look at B Corp as global so not every company going through B Corp would have billion dollar revenue. I am learning loads so thanks for your calculation, I will put these into my notes. I hope you have a wonderful day.

1 Like