The BCCC (B Corp Climate Collective) are hosting 2 free workshops for SME’s in August - spread the word!
Want to start measuring your carbon footprint but not sure where to start? Join us at our free workshops in August, which are designed for SME’s and open to all.
What to expect at the 2 hour workshops:
- We will guide you through your first carbon calculation using the SME Climate Hub tool:
- you will leave the workshop with a carbon footprint for your individual business
- you can see how you compare to other companies in your industry
- once you have your baseline you can start to develop an emissions reduction plan and kick start your decarbonization plans
Join other thousands of other businesses measuring their carbon and get prepared for the new B Corp Impact Assessment standards (which will be introduced in 2024) which will require B Corps to be measuring, tracking and working towards reducing emissions.
Actively measuring and tracking your footprint will also help you work with bigger companies and government who are looking into their supply chains and will be requiring this of all their suppliers.
What to bring:
- Charged laptop
- Access to your accounting data (ideally your MYOB or Xero file access)
- Energy used in KWh (you can get this from your electricity bill)
- Fuel consumption in mileage if possible (not essential)
If you are looking for information on how to get started measuring your business emissions, head to the SME Climate Hub where there is lots of helpful information - Start measuring - SME Climate Hub
This is a free event, run by volunteers of B Corp Climate Collective (BCCC). In place of an entry fee, we ask you to consider making a donation to Environmental Defenders Office who help our communities use the law to protect the environment - https://www.edo.org.au/
Register here for Melbourne, 23rd August 4pm to 6pm
Melbourne - led by Susanne Etti
Register Here for Sydney, 29th August 4pm to 6pm
Sydney - led by Sasha Titchkosky