There is interest amongst the B Corp community to come together and determine how, as a collective we can set new standards within the industry to create spaces that deliver positive social & environmental outcomes whilst providing exceptional human experience.
How could we do this?
- Share our experience, expertise and knowledge with each other to build our collective capacity
- Form a community of practice to solve challenges together
- Define and create a new standard in retail based on values of inclusivity, accessibility & environmental sustainability, which also encompasses functionality, design, consumption, construction and usability
- Identify and set retail specific guidelines, goals and outcomes, guided by the B Impact Assessment and other meaningful tools such as the SDG’s & science based climate targets
- Show leadership by developing resources to share with other businesses
If you or someone in your team is interested in having this conversation, please reply to this thread or invite them to join.
Please share in your reply: What topics and outcomes would you interested in and would like to discuss? What topics/issues can you share from your experience? And what outcomes would you like to see?
Possible areas of focus and outcomes include:
- Understanding Impact & Priorities
- Climate, Environment & Social Targets
- Supply Chain
- Lifecycle (fit-out & ongoing running/maintenance & consumption of sites)
- Customer & Employee Education & Empowerment
- Lease Management & Opportunities
- Group Reporting & Transparency
- Underserved & Underrepresented Customers & Employees
- Customers & Employee Experience
- Waste Management
- Mentoring & Case Studies
- Partnerships (NFPs)
- Becoming a Collective Force & Voice
- Drive Industry Change
We look forward to hearing from you!