Country Manager AU
Senior Leadership · Sydney, New South Wales
Do you have experience managing all aspects of a financial services business including leading, supporting, and empowering new teams for success? Are you looking to take the next step in your career in a highly supportive and rapidly growing business?
Sharesies are a rapidly growing fintech company with headquarters in New Zealand who are looking to utilise their recent success to establish themselves in the Australian market. Sharesies run a matrix structure and this role will work in collaboration and partnership with the New Zealand business.
The Country Manager has an incredibly exciting mandate - to realise Sharesies’ purpose of creating a more financially empowered generation in Australia. The role is an integral part of Sharesies’ leadership team and responsible for the establishment and growth of our business in Australia. The Country Manager role will suit a highly capable and energetic leader who can leverage Sharesies’ existing platform, scale and growth while shaping the Australian business from the ground up. The successful candidate will be genuinely passionate about enabling Australians with $5 to have the same investment opportunities as those with $500,000 and giving people the confidence and motivation to grow their wealth over time.
We’re a company that values people and what they bring to the table—your personality and your skills. We appreciate great work, and love working with people who do too. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity and relish having people from all backgrounds and orientations working with us!
Sharesies’ goal is to make investing an engaging, accessible, and straight-up experience through their investment platform. With close to $1 billion in funds under management, we’re now looking for an entrepreneurial and energetic leader to join their team and lead our Australian business.
In meeting your key objectives, you will be supported by Sharesies’ Head of International, the team at Sharesies global HQ, our key partners and the Australia-based team that you will grow. Your key objectives will be to:
- Lead the establishment and growth of Shareises in the Australian market
- Build and lead a high performing team to serve our Australian business, that is consistent with the Sharesies values, culture and purpose
- Develop and contribute to Sharesies’ business strategy, objectives and key results
- Report on key issues to the Sharesies leadership team and board of directors
- Represent and grow the Sharesies brand to be one that is loved and trusted by Australian customers
- In collaboration with our marketing team, build a community for Sharesies in Australia
- Own relationships with key Australian stakeholders, including ASIC, ASX and our business partners
- Ensure that regulatory obligations in Australia are consistently met. Have a strong understanding of our business operations and systems and how these comply with rules and regulations
- Ensure that our team builds robust and scalable systems and processes to deliver outstanding service and compliance as the business grows.
The Candidate - Skills, Experience & Attributes
- You are a leader who is excited about Sharesies’ purpose of creating a the most financially empowered generation and about growing new and impactful business in Australia
- You share alignment with Sharesies culture and values and the principles of operating a B-Corp
- You love working in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment and can provide your team with the clarity they need to act
- You are energised by the opportunity to build the Sharesies brand in Australia, to deeply understand the needs of Australian customers and to build an active community of Australian followers
- You can confidently lead PR, brand and marketing campaigns, backed by a team of internal and third party experts
- You have a strong existing network in the business and technology community in Australia. Ideally, you will already have a solid network with the fintech or investment market
- You are experienced in delivering services to retail customers. You are skilled in navigating regulatory frameworks and in building constructive, cooperative relationships with regulators
- You are a good problem solver and will bring an entrepreneurial spirit to your work. You are able to build for scale, recognise when we’re out growing processes or systems and work with others to adapt accordingly
- You are capable of representing our business to a range of audiences, including our customers, partners, regulators and other stakeholders.
- You hold a degree in business, finance, legal, marketing or other relevant field
- You are based in Sydney (or keen to be)
Nice to Have
- Experience in delivering financial services, especially to retail investors, is a very strong advantage.
- You have a solid knowledge of key regulatory frameworks, including ASIC regulation of the provision of financial services
- You have experience as an AFSL Responsible Manager or similar qualifications or experience relevant to Sharesies
- You have led or been highly involved in campaigns to launch and grow new product offerings and/or building customer awareness and community
- You have previously worked in a high-growth environment and/or in Fintech
Sharesies are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role.
If looking for a role where you can develop your skills and knowledge across all areas of running a financial services business with a very empowering and supportive culture, you will not find a better long-term opportunity than this!
Apply here: BambooHR