Creating video content for B Corp announcement

Hi there

We were certified in March and it’s taken me 6 months to build the courage to get behind the camera and record a short video to share on Linked in about what B Corp certification means to us.

I’ve always been more comfortable in the background, preferring the focus to be on our product and the benefit it brings to people and planet, and quite happy to avoid me personally being in the frame! This, despite being told often its the story that matters, and that consumers are increasingly needing to see the humans behind the scenes…

But this journey to lead our small business through B Corp certification has made me put on some “big girl panties”, get out of my comfort zone and do what needs to be done. I think it goes to the core of what B Corp is all about, so in my gratitude reflections today, this has come up!

Intially I tried to script it because I was too nervous, and it was awful, so I just ended up recording myself whilst I pretended I was explaining it to my mum! I still feel extremely uncomfortable, but it’s done.
Would love any feedback - good and bad!

Pacific Harvest B Corp Announcement on Linked in

9 Likes

Way to go Hayley, it’s great!

Congrats Hayley - everything you said resonates with me (although i have yet to do the big public video). Using my big girls pants in other ways though!

Thanks Mike! Still feel a cringe inside but its a small step to being braver!

Everything in it’s time Jenni! Thinking I was talking to mum definitely helped! haha!

Thanks, Hayley for this share! I loved seeing your video, and appreciate you getting your ‘big girl panties’ on for it! I will be hunting down your products now that I know about them :slight_smile:

Way to go, Hayley! One rule I learned years ago about video content is “shaky-cam is better than no-cam” - and it still holds true. Video is compelling, and authentic and unscripted still has huge value over polished and perfect, and for some types of message, more value. Keep sharing your story!

1 Like

This is such an awesome video. You spoke so well and clearly and gently (no ums and ahs and likes) and the message was clear. Can’t wait to see more :slight_smile: