Hi Community! We’re on the hunt for a junior strategist to join our incredible team here at RetailOasis!
Interested in shaping the future of retail?
We are Australia’s leading boutique retail strategy consultancy located in the heart of Manly Beach. We are a small but dedicated team who work with some of Australia’s most successful retailers, start-ups, digital pure-plays, private equity and property developers helping them to connect with their consumers in today’s rapidly changing market landscape. We are driven by building deep insights around the consumer and developing strategies that align to their needs. To do this, we use a combination of data analytics and creative intuition to help guide our clients to strategies that will help transform their business for future success. We’re also proud to be a registered B-Corp, using business as a force for good.
- Support our Senior Strategists on strategic business transformation projects;
- Project management support and exposure to stakeholders at a senior management / executive level;
- Conduct research, investigating key retail and pop-culture trends to identify business opportunities;
- Analyse business operations, identifying key improvements that can be made to current processes;
- Conduct customer deep-dives through qualitative and quantitative methods (including customer segmentation, extreme user interviews and customer journey mapping);
- Conduct competitor and category analysis;
- Support team in taking client briefs, generating proposals and publishing regular blog content / podcasts for the website;
- Support the team in brand purpose workshops, building brand purpose, brand archetypes and values.
Here at RetailOasis, believe that your attitude and passion matters more than past experience and education, so whilst the below list is important, ultimately it whether our culture fits you.
- Passion for retail and business, and interested in current trends within Australian retail industry;
- Eager to gain high level, direct client exposure and build a network at an early stage in professional career;
- 1-2 years professional experience (we’re open to different backgrounds but we generally come from consulting, corporate strategy, marketing or other agency related roles, retail experience) or a recent university graduate;
- Intuitive, self-motivated and a keen entrepreneurial drive;
- Strong problem solving skills with structured thinking and approach;
- Excellent communication skills and would feel comfortable presenting to senior leaders;
- Attention to detail, comfortable with numbers and data and ability to draw the key “so what” insights;
- Comfortable managing multiple streams of work and deadlines. Ability to look at the “big picture” while diving into day-to-day execution details;
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint / Keynote;
- Experience in digital or start-ups a bonus;
- Bachelors / undergraduate degree or equivalent (ideally in Business or Communications);
- Must be legally entitled to work full time in Australia.
Interested in shaping the future of retail? Send your CV and a short note on why you would be a good fit for the role to email@example.com