Hi Anna Thanks for joining and posting - welcome!
I’ve attached a doc which might be helpful.You could consider combining your supplier screening survey to look at local ownership & diversity, along with environmental screening if that is also something you want to tackle.
I encourage clients to have a little explanation about how we can drive impact through the supply chain and why diversity and local ownership is therefore important, as a prelude to the survey so they understand why you are asking.
The main questions are fairly straight-forward, here are mine as an example.
- Is your company a a B-Corp a certified business for good with accompanying workplace, environmental and social impact policies?
- If you’re company is not a B-Corp have you considered becoming certified? (I do also ask if they meet any other specific standard or certifications, eg fair-trade.)
- Is your company a locally owned, independent business? (It’s worth defining what you mean by local, it may be national.)
- Is your company majority owned or operated by women?
- Is your company majority owned or operated by Indigenous Australians
- Is your company majority owned or operated by people from another ethnic (non Australian Indigenous) minority?
- Is your company majority owned or operated by people with disabilities
B Resources - Conducting a Supplier Survey.pdf (533.3 KB)
I hope that helps, sing out with questions. There’s also the Knowledge Base but it doesn’t have a lot on supplier screening that I could find.
I’m not sure if you know @Clare but she is NZ-based and was talking about supplier policies in another thread.