What have you been grateful/appreciative of during COVID-19?

Whilst recognising COVID-19 has been incredibly difficult for so many members of our community, what are some things you’ve been grateful for?

For me, I’ve loved feeling incredibly less busy but also be able to share that vibe with those around me. The pause has given me lots of time for reflection… exercise… reading and gardening! And lots of mindful moments to appreciate the small things.

2 Likes

Well played @alisonmichalk! That’s just showing off.

I’m grateful that I got to stay home more and be bit of a hermit without having to feel guilty or having much FOMO. Other than the craziness of homeschooling while trying to be productive, I’m grateful for being able to spend day hours with my two awesome daughters - Jaz (had her 9th birthday in lockdown) & Za (6)!

I’m also grateful I got to clear some things from hard to reach places of my to do list.

3 Likes

The general consensus of people talking more about things they like and who they are has been beautiful. And more gardening more people gardening is always a good thing :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome Zach - thanks for being here! :slight_smile:

And yes I’ve been rather thankful Bunnings has stayed opened for said gardening requirements! Yes - it’s so nice finding out about people and their hobbies. My partner has been indulging in buying vintage surfboards to resurrect and as a result he formed a friendship with this man in his 70s who sent him all these amazing videos from the 1960s/70s. Small things that emerge from having the time to purse such things!

And I agree with @benpecotich that it’s been lovely to introvert it up without the guilt. I’m personally hoping that “iso” becomes an ongoing socially acceptable option you can implement at any time by choice…

3 Likes

So right! I love having no other choice than just enjoy being at home without feeling I have to run around all week long. The gardening hasn’t been pretty intensive but not very fruitful … I guess snails need to eat too! It’s been also great to have time to read. A few books I would recommend: “Thinking fast and slow”, “Game of Mates” and “On Fire, the burning case for a green new deal”.

3 Likes

Surprisingly - as an extrovert - I’ve also enjoyed the guilt-free feeling of having nothing to rush to. And I know our two girls have really loved it that we’re always home! I’m grateful that we’ve been lucky enough to appreciate those things without the stress of health concerns or financial strife.

3 Likes

I’ve been grateful to practice designing and running workshops online…not our preferred choice but lots of advantages for global participants and it certainly got less tiring.
And I’ve loved leaning into #we are all in this together and so hoping this changes our DNA! Yes I get we might still have a way to go…but what an invitation to all.

2 Likes

practising gratitude is a new thing we’re trying in our household. we’ve added it to the nightly dinner ‘pit and peak’ discussion, so now it is: what was the crappest part of your day? what was the highlight? what are you grateful for?
its been so interesting the things popping up for us - but regularly grateful for having our family, health, each other, and being in the house we’re in (we moved out of an apartment last year and with our energetic toddler its been a godsend having a small backyard and a cubby house!)

3 Likes