Koskela is an innovative and inspiring Australian furniture design and lifestyle brand. Committed to exceptional design, manufacturing in Australia and championing social impact.
We have a full-time opportunity for a mid-level Graphic Designer to join our fast-paced and high performing team.
As part of the Koskela team, you will be responsible for upholding and evolving Koskela’s brand aesthetic and for developing engaging visual assets that excite our customers. This is a very diverse position that will see you tackling new graphic design challenges every day!
Please note, we are only considering candidates with permanent Australian residency. Also, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
As part of the Koskela team you can expect the following:
- Be part of a B Corp organization
- A great team culture
- Learning in an inspiring environment
- Generous staff discount
- Fantastic onsite facilities, including open workspaces and showers etc
- Working in an environment with a genuine social conscious
The graphic designer works within Koskela’s marketing team. Your direct team members are the marketing manager and marketing coordinator.
Koskela is a very diverse business with a Contracts (commercial furniture) arm, Retail store & E-commerce arm, Social Impact arm, and a Learn (education furniture) arm.
The role of the marketing team is to communicate and help grow these areas of the business in-line with the overarching Koskela brand. The graphic designer is the custodian for how the brand is presented to market – they are key for ensuring its consistency, integrity and evolution.
Day-to-day you will be required to produce visual assets across both digital and print mediums. There will be tasks with a short turnaround, as well as project work to tackle steadily.
In addition to being part of the marketing team, you will occasionally need to provide graphic design assistance for product work for the Industrial Design and Production teams.
Your week may take you from developing a visual language for an upcoming product release, to producing a gif for social media, to coordinating the printing of a brochure, to developing a new presentation template, to designing an EDM, to photographing a furniture product in the store!
Your help fostering and upskilling the marketing coordinator will also be appreciated.
The right candidate will:
- Be willing to take on challenges and learn new skills
- Have an excellent eye for detail
- Take pride in their work
- Be passionate about the Koskela brand.
Key skills required for this role:
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe suite is essential
- Knowledge of print production
- Comfortable with designing for print and digital (websites, EDMs and social media)
- Photography and photo editing skills will be looked upon favourably
- Experience using Shopify and Canva will also be looked upon favourably.
Competencies we ask for at Koskela:
- Innovative and imaginative - Have ideas. Be creative in how we give life to the brand.
- Be organised and systematic in carrying out your role.
- Passion and determination - Exhibit passion and excitement about Koskela, its products, values + core purpose and your role in the company. Have a can-do attitude. Be tenacious.
- Proactivity - act without being told what to do. Bring new ideas to Koskela.
- Act professionally but recognise Koskela is an informal workplace.
- Work ethic - have a strong willingness to work hard when it’s needed.
- Remain cool under pressure - don’t fall apart in situations of stress.
- Active participant - participate in discussions, share your ideas, opinions and experiences, and involve yourself.
- Ethical - Do not cut corners ethically.
- Be motivated by Koskela’s ambitions to create income earning opportunities for Indigenous Australians and the contribution you can make to it.
Find out more about Koskela HERE or on Instagram, @koskela_
To apply, please email your CV and portfolio to: email@example.com