Compass Studio is on a mission to change the way agencies work and we need an A-team to help us get there. We’re looking for an experienced Operations Manager to come in and whip us into shape in terms of studio workflow schedules, project management systems, job profitability reports and projections, client experience, and workflow processes…just to name a few things! Basically, we need your metrics driven brain to better understand our offering and growth in the year/s ahead.
So what are we looking for?
You are an organisational wizard, who loves a spreadsheet but who can also pull out the metrics that matter to translate your vision and goals to the wider business.
You have agency experience – ideally with PR, digital, design or media agency – and you have experience working with small to medium sized-businesses and direct with founders.
You’re a people person and you have a sleeves-up-resourcefulness to finding the solution. You like to get deep in the detail, but also to get things done.
This role would suit someone who is looking to really own a project and the outcomes, to be fully empowered to have autonomy in your role and see the fruits of your labour be actioned and come to life quickly and with passion. Calling all the intrapreneurs out there, this one is for you!
In return, we offer a 5 day per week permanent role with one day from our North Sydney based co-working space and the rest remote, with serious potential for career growth and satisfaction working amongst an awesome portfolio of brands and a team of really good people in a young, nimble, B Corp accredited agency.
Sound like a gig worth getting excited about? We agree and we’re pumped to connect with you. Drop into our inbox today.
Get in touch with Compass’ Co-Founder Natalie today on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your CV and address directly how you fit the brief in your cover letter. Applications close Wednesday 2 March, 2022.
Review structure, output, focus, opportunity and recommendations to increase revenue and improve ways of working at Compass.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS //
- Identify ways for better working and efficiencies across the business; including internal and external processes and workflow
- Support in the scale of Compass as a team and business; with the operating systems, budgets and processes to match
- Develop and manage data collection systems and processes to update operations metrics to achieve productivity and business targets, enabling better understanding of cost metrics, eliminating errors, and delivering excellent client experience
- Work with directions to identify 2, 3 and 5 year plans and guide the growth strategy to support this on a short and long term basis
- Analysis of the market and USP; identifying business strengths and weaknesses with recommendations as to how to further strengthen or address this.
PEOPLE OPERATIONS //
Lead, motivate, and support the team to thrive within the business; including setup and implementation of career development plans, KPI tracking systems and problem resolution
- Analysis of all team JDs and KPIs to identify People and Workflow possibilities and gaps, making recommendations for scale, as well as support in the acquisition of new talent and development of talent pipeline
CLIENT OPERATIONS //
- Cost analysis of rate card and profit margin on services
- Analysis and development of customer journey process; including recommendations for existing and new business clients
- Analysis of new business conversation rate and value of campaigns/projects to identify opportunities, issues and gaps in workflow
- Passionate, values-driven and collaborative.
- 5+ years’ proven experience in an operations management position in an agency environment; ideally within a PR, digital, design or media agency
- Experience working with founders directly and small-medium sized teams. Experience working with and scaling start-ups would be highly regarded
- Strong budget development and oversight skills with a proven track record of success in the space
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to both onboard and execute and idea or problem
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Clockify, Asana, Google suite and ideally, Xero.
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes
We are a remote business, but as you’ll be working closely with the senior team, we’d love you to be Sydney based so that we can meet in real life on occasion to hash out some of the more complex challenges.
About Compass Studio:
Compass Studio; a boutique PR & Marketing agency that specialises in conscious brands in a bid to ‘do good work, for brands that do good.’ Through a love of community, nature and a passion for purpose-driven business, Compass has created a unique agency-model that has gained fast momentum in the local market. Compass Studio now represents some of Australia’s most reputable brands in the impact-led space and the agency speaks regularly as an authority on the topic of purpose in the brand space.
Compass Studio is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, or veteran status. We enthusiastically encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL REMAIN STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.