Plastic Free Places program - Sunshine Coast

Hi everyone,

This week I have started some work with a NFP, Boomerang Alliance, in their Plastic Free Places program. We have received funding from Qld Govt which allows me to work with Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay region food retailers.

The program works to assist their transition away from single-use plastic items and so far our national programs have helped businesses eliminate over 21 million single use plastic items. See details on our national program here; https://www.plasticfreeplaces.org/

I’d love to hear from anyone who has a favourite cafe, restaurant, mobile vendor, school/sport club canteen on the Sunshine Coast that you think may be interested in this free program - they may be our future B Corps!

We are still updating our website to include the SEQ region but I am happy for anyone to contact me with questions. As we are a national program, have a look at our website and see if your local cafe is a member, if not, spread the word! I’m happy to connect you with the local co-ordinator in your region.

Have a great day, Jen

This is a great idea- it will be terrific when it comes to NSW.