Wednesday B Corp Coffee still on?

Hey I just tried joining the B Corp Coffee meetup, but it said the meeting code wasn’t valid. Are these still running?

I have it in my diary for 10:30 every Wednesday, using Gotomeeting.

Cheers!

John

Hey John! We’ve paused them for B Corp Month since there are so many other things happening, but I’d love to get them back again in August. :slight_smile:

We’ve also thought about maybe switching to fortnightly or monthly depending on what the community is looking for! It could also be something that some of our B Locals might look at trading off hosting?

@Luke @KirrilyDovetail @KarenPorter @KathRow @KateCarroll - Let me know what you think!

Hey Kira, chiming in here. We’ve found that every three weeks works best for our Speed Networking for Good online events. Gets maximum turnout and energy. Next one is 6th August and anyone is welcome. Different from tomorrow’s B Corp only one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely Luke! Those are a big effort and we wouldn’t want to do them too often. I think John was talking about the casual coffees B Lab was hosting on Wednesdays, just for informal group catch ups. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Clearly I have not been to one. Are they online? How long do they go for?

1 Like

Hi @Kiraday, we have actually been investigating whether we can introduce our monthly in-person coffee catch ups since things had started to open up again. We’re reaching out to the venue to see what’s possible as they were drop in. Also, we need to see what happens in the next few weeks and how/if things change.

4 Likes

Hi Guys,
we were looking at reinstating the Social Impact Meetup which hasn’t happened in 2020. It was a monthly breakfast event which was hosted by various B Corps and other businesses who were regularly involved. Given where Vic is with COVID we will probably wait until next year but the Speed Networking Event yesterday was a hit!

4 Likes

That’s great Kirrily!

1 Like

They came to be in response to the COVID lockdowns, and were an hour of virtual catch ups with small groups.

We’d love to reinstate them online, and Karen - if you can bring the in-person ones back, I will be very jealous!

1 Like